Foraging for Tea

Here are some examples of plants and herbs that are easily foraged, and make great teas. I’ve listed some, but not nearly all, of their benefits.

Please be 100% sure how to identify any plant that you intend to ingest, use topically, or use medicinally. You could die. Or shit your pants.

Mint– Prolific, easy to grow, delicious. Good for brain function and indigestion.

Lemon Balm– Good for anxiety, wounds, and sleep disorders.

Chamomile- The flower makes a relaxing tea that is also renowned for many health benefits including migraine relief, diabetes prevention, and anxiety relief.

Plantain– Known as a medicinal plant used for many purposes like insect bites and stings. Also a good tea for when you’re feeling ill. Also helps detoxify your blood.

Dandelion Root– Good for lowering cholesterol, weight loss, cardiovascular health, and immune system boost, among other benefits.

Red Raspberry Leaf– This tea is famous for uterine health.

Carrot Greens– This is one that you’ll have to do your own research on. Some say that carrot greens are toxic, others say that they’re a market vegetable in many countries. I won’t tell you that you should consume carrot greens, but I’m not dead yet.

Echinacea– Known for immunity benefits.

Basil– This works well for sore throats, headaches, and upset stomachs.

Wintergreen– Great for stress relief.

Catnip– Fever reducer, migraine reducer, toxin flush, anxiety relief.

Red Clover– Enhance immunity, treat infertility, prevent cancer, maintain bone strength.

Fruits– Try blackberry, raspberry, strawberry leaf, and elderflower teas, among others.

1 Like