How to Make a PVC Bow

I’ve been basically working on game hunting for quite some time now. It took me some time, but I understood how the use of gun can spoil the potential scope of prey and even attract unnecessary attraction. So I thought what’s better than using a classic bow and arrow approach that saves ammo and provides better game hunting opportunities.

Here’s how you can make your own hunting bow at home, this is what you’re gonna need:-

(1) 5-foot section of 1-inch PVC pipe

(2) 2 1/2-inch sections of 3/4-inch PVC pipe — most hardware stores stock PVC pipe in 5-foot sections; PVC is cheap, and often handy to have around, so don’t hesitate about getting extra footage of it

Sharpie

PVC cutter or hacksaw

Dremel or other rotary tool (optional, but makes it easier)

Hammer or rubber mallet

(1) 5-foot section of military-grade paracord

Duct tape (optional)

Now here’s a process that I didn’t exactly follow as I had to improvise, but this is the best way ahead I’ve realised after wasting tons of material experimenting:-

Step 1: Cut PVC

Cut two 2 1/2-inch segments of 3/4-inch PVC pipe. If you have a PVC cutter, use it. It’ll make cleaner cuts and save you time. If you don’t have one, a hacksaw will do just fine. If it leaves ragged edges on your pipe, smooth them down with a bit of sandpaper.

Step 2: Nest the PVC Pipes

Use a hammer or mallet to pound the two smaller pieces of 3/4-inch PVC into each end of your 5-foot length of 1-inch pipe, until they’re flush. These sections will help reinforce the ends of the bow where you’ll attach your paracord.
If you don’t have a mallet, a piece of wood will help distribute the impact from your hammer and reduce the chance of cracking the PVC.

Step 3: Cut the Notches

Mark two lines, about an inch long, opposite each other on each end of your bow — that’s 4 total lines. You’ll use these to guide cuts that will ultimately act as the notches where the string will be tied. Make sure that your marks line up with each other at either end of the bow.
Use a Dremel, or a hacksaw in a pinch, to cut out your notches at either end of the bow. When you’re done, you should have a 1-inch deep cut that’s wide enough to fit your paracord.

Step 4: Tie Knots in Paracord

Now this is gonna be a little tricky but I think what we’re gonna do will be way more easier if you know how to tie a Overhand loop Knot. If you don’t then follow the instructions following :-
Double the end of a rope or form
a bight anywhere on a line. Tie an Overhand Knot with the doubled rope of the loop that was formed.

Adjust the loop before tightening to make it as small or large as desired

The loop tips should measure about 50” apart.

Step 5: String the Bow

String your bow by slipping one of your loop knots through the notch in one end. Then, bend the bow so that you can stretch the paracord to reach the other end.

Step 6: Finish the Grip

Now you can do whatever you want, Duct tape grips work fine, but hands have kinda roughened up from all the hillbilly so I personally use a badminton racquet towel grip, duct taped at the ends.