CADENCE 1

CADENCE 2

FLINCH TARGET

TRIPLE TEN DRILL

PISTOL RED DOT ZERO

RIFLE RED DOT ZERO

PRINT

WARM UP TARGET

This is the warm up target I’ve been working on for a while. I wanted a consistent agenda to work many of the basic fundamentals of pistol shooting. It’s easy for us to get distracted while isolating fundamentals and get off course. The primary purpose of this warm up target is to keep shooters focused and on track. Better training and more effective reps are achieved this way. Total round count is 90 which is 6 mags of 15.
Prints on 8.5″ x 11″ paper.

HEAD SHOT STANDARD

This is a pistol standard that my friend JJ Racaza shared with me a while ago. Goal: execute two USPSA target headshots at 7 yards within 1 second from compressed ready (also known as position three). The hit box is 5″x5″ if you don’t have a USPSA style target. This drill is working three things in particular: your speed driving the gun to extension, fast sight alignment, and your timing of the pistol through recoil/recovery. Most people can’t complete this drill under a second. If you can consistently… excellent. My average times are around 0.85 and that’s with iron sights.

I also use the large circle on the warm up target for this drill.

PRINT

CADENCE TARGET

I do a lot of cadence drills. Very simple four, five, or six round volleys. Starting out going 50% speed, going to 60%, 70%, etc… Until I take it to 110% and find my failure point. I can do 6 volleys or so on this one piece of paper which is really nice. Sometimes I’ll start off aiming at a circle and will fire one volley with my eyes closed to see how well my recoil management is bringing the gun back on target. I do that test to familiarize myself better with new pistols.

PRINT

CADENCE 2

I also produced this target to assist in cadence and rhythm. Both work different skills.

This one is to work balance of speed and accuracy. Rather than doing counts in my head when I’m shooting the target shown in the picture above, I shoot as fast as I can keep my rounds inside the circles. On the smaller circles, my cadence is slower. But I’m trying to maintain consistency. I want my splits to be something like… .30, .31, .30, .32, etc. Not: .32, .37, .34, .43. I use a shot timer to record my splits. I typically hit the timer and then wait a second or two and begin the string of fire.

PRINT

FLINCH TARGET

I use this target to identify trigger deficiencies. Shooting from 3-4 yards, fire one round per black circle. No make ups. With this target it will become very evident how you press the trigger.

PRINT

TRIPLE TEN DRILL

Having a short attention span, I sometimes lose focus while shooting a high round count into a single target. My focus wanders, and my accuracy suffers. So… to combat this, I developed this drill to work on. Video tutorial here.

PRINT

THROTTLE CONTROL X

This is a fun little drill I put together. 10 rounds total. The goal is to put 4 rounds in the center circle, 2 rounds in the medium circles, and a single round in the small ones. In any order you want. From the draw. At 5 yards. Good drill to work basic target transitions and throttle control. All on one piece of paper.

You can watch a video demo of this drill here.

PRINT

RIFLE QUAD DRILL

This is similar to a FAST drill. From a low/high ready, 5-10-15 yards from target, you engage 4 rounds into one circle, slide-lock reload and then fire 4 into the other circle. This drill can also be shot with a pistol.

PRINT

PISTOL RED DOT ZERO

We recommend bench resting the pistol for stability, as you will want to minimize any potential human error.

You will want to start at 10 yards and aim for the point of the triangle in the center of the small square; your impact when zeroed should be within the center of that square.

You will then need to take the same target out to 25 yards to confirm your zero on the larger triangle/square and make any minor adjustments that may be needed.

PRINT