The Day You Stop Striving to Be Better Than the Day Before, Is the Day You're No Better Than the Fat Couch Slob That You Used to Be

Training. When I first started going to the gym, people asked me “Why anon? You look fine, you dont need to lose weight!” I ignored them. After I lost most of my fat, people were quick to say “Wow anon, you look great! Why do you still have to diet, you look fantastic, you can let yourself go every once in a while”
But I ignored them.

After 6 months of lifting, I had a bit of muscle. Almost all my friends were either jealous and snarky, or openly admiring and all they wanted to talk about was lifting and exercise. But one common theme was this: “Anon, you should be able to take some time off! You’re getting obsessed, it’s not healthy”.

But I ignored them. 4 years of lifting later, I rarely come across anyone on the same level as me in day to day life. I am muscular, fit and healthy. Almost everyone I meet will comment on it, and will tell me how hey admire my hard work. They tell me that they wish they could be like me, that I am their end goal. They ask me what routines I do, what my diet is like, what I think about certain exercises. They tell me that I am perfect the way I am.

But I ignore them. Because the day you stop striving to be better than the day before, is the day you’re no better than the fat couch slob that you used to be